Transition into the new role of a parent a little easier with help of a postpartum doula. After birth, a mother’s body has opened in ways both seen and unseen and there is need for rest, support, and connection with baby. With the right support, a Mama is able to recover quicly, able to re-align herself with her new life and family, balance her body, and return to the greater world.
What is a Postpartum Doula?
In so many traditions around the world, postpartum support is standard. There is mounting evidence in just how important this postpartum period is and how vital proper care during the time can influence years to come in both mama, baby, and family well being. A postpartum doula encourages the sacred transition so a mother can be FULLY present with baby and heal. Let Elizabeth help encourage and support mama and the family as they adjust to the newest little one.
Working with Elizabeth
As your postpartum doula I will support you and your family:
- Personal care and support with mama’s recovery
- Education on infant care including soothing and comfort skills
- Breastfeeding support for baby including advice on latching, breastfeeding positions, pumping, paced bottle feeding, sore nipples, and more. Referral to lactation consultant if needed.
- Foster family bonding. Helping the siblings transition to the new baby being home
- Knowledge and connection to various location mama communities to help you find the right mama circle for you.
- Light housework: Tidy up, Fold laundry, do dishes, organize nursery for optimal infant care, simple nutritional food prep
- Simple errands
Interested in Ayruveda? We can set up a special learning session where I will share with you how to take care of yourself and baby naturally during this transformative time. This can be pre or post birth. Learn ancient tools to help you and baby bond, heal, and find optimal health.
I believe every family should have a well-supported birth and postpartum experience! I have 2 standard postpartum packages. A prearranged contract for continuing postpartum care (6-12 visits within the first 8 weeks of baby’s life) or ad hoc services (minimum 4 hour booking). Please contact me for pricing. Multiple session booking discount!
I’m here for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you feel like you need help.